Thursday, April 14, 2005

How Long Does It Take?

That question keeps popping up from Cheryl and family members, but not nearly as often as from friends. One of my nearest and dearest is so excited there seems to be no way to quell the number of questions related to my latest literary attempt. Have you ever had children in the backseat of the car on a journey start asking that "Are we there yet?" question, or repeatedly wanting to know, "How far is it?" or "How many miles do we have to go?" This final enquiry became a favorite of mine with our last set of twins. My response, "All of them!" I did an update on my own timeline thing today. I'm about through with chapter 39, and do not anticipate going much over 50, 55 tops and that includes the inevitable epilogue. That is the very best estimate I can offer at this point in time. My daughter, Marla, is going to a 'scrapbook' party on Saturday and would like for Cheryl to go with. I think I knew what she was referring to, but I had to check it out. A scrapbook is much like a joint bank account. When I was growing up my mother maintained one for me. I appreciate it a lot more now than I did when I was..... younger. Whoosh! I nearly told you that I'm 55. Yes, the same as the double nickel speed limit, it went up, too. I guess I had better return to the tapping on my 'puter for the project. God bless. In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: