Friday, February 24, 2006

Prayers Answered

 
Books are being written, money being made, and people struggle and wonder if "God answers prayer." The answer, of course, is yes! That is not a simple yes. It is a resounding YES! Terry e-mailed this picture of his daughter, Sarah, who has been serving in Iraq and is presently home on leave. My son, Justin, just returned from his third and final tour of that land. Prayers answered, right! But it is not that simple. We pray every day for our service women and men. They are in the process of doing what some may later(as they did with the Vietnam "conflict")consider a waste. That is not how it is done, and it is not the way we as a people need to express our gratitude to a country that continues to insure our freedom no matter what the cost. We join the ranks for a lot of reasons, but it doesn't take long for the spirit of comraderie to command a large portion of our daily cognizance. Forgive me if I mispelled that one, it's been a long time since my heart has swelled with so much pride for personally knowing individuals who have been willing to lay it all on the line for me. My Savior did just that 2000 years ago, but when it's the kid from down the street or two states away we tend to forget the level of sacrificial positioning that is necessary for people to do what they continue to do on a daily basis. Not to mention the hundreds of years of sacrifice that has been necessary for us to arrive to this moment. I could preach long and hard on my Savior, my country, and my beliefs, but that is not the point tonight. It is about these beautiful individuals that we often take for granted that are out there doing their sworn duty....no matter what! Keep all of them in your prayers, as well as our entire nation. We may not agree with all of the poitical stances of folks, but we can agree on one thing. Young ladies like Sarah, and young men like my son Justin are deserving of your support in prayer and every other way you can provide from the comfort of our world, no matter what! God bless you kids...you are all in our prayers. In Christ's Love, Preacher. Posted by Picasa

No comments: