Friday, October 13, 2006

Year Number Seven


Nobody told me this was Friday the thirteenth. That's better than it could have been because of some of the superstitious bones in my body. It has been an absolutely wonderful day! I spent the greater part of it raking(again)and then mulching the south side. For the very first time in my life I am experiencing the wonderful feelings of "HOME." I've never been anywhere for this long. Today I found myself redoing the raking task and finding within myself a peace which surprised me. I have another place of peace, that is the one which I share with my Creator. Today has got to be the be-all, end-all, for feelings of belonging, though. I realized that it is up to me to make the very best of my circumstances, and they are sooo good. Yeah, I know, it is only 160 feet by 60 feet, and the house on it has problems, but then what home doesn't?
What I have is a peace of knowing that life is working out as it should. Eleven grandkids, now, and more to come, and a wife that knows me and loves me in spite of myself. A faith that seems to remain unshakeable no matter what, and a sense of belonging to a community of faith inspired folks that love God much in the same manner that I love God.
At the present time I cannot locate a job that allows me to be me and make a living, other than preaching. I play an enormous amount of music, and I could probably enter again the secular world and prostitute my talent and gifts for the sake of monetary remuneration, but that is not necessary, yet!
All any of us really desires is an opportunity to be of use in this world. My Dean of Divinity in the seminary I attended lost his daughter to the world of unbelief. In an instant she was gone, but she knew in her heart, even in the final moment, that she was right. You and I live in a world that has so much that is wrong. We cannot combat it at the level of politics, or censures, we can only stand firm in the faith we have received in Christ Jesus. Think about where you stand in terms of the world today. Is your backyard a place where you can find total peace and harmony?
In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: