Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy B'Day To Me





I don't know what to write this evening. This has been a very important day for me. How often does one realize they are loved by others more than they could ever imagine? Does the cookie bouquet say it? Maybe the cards and E-mails....or the calls from friends. Nope! I can say without a doubt that is the eternal love of God that makes my 58th B'Day a cause for celebration. You see, I know tonight that God had this day planned to perfection even before my bones were knit together in my mother's womb. She, if still alive, would have called around 6 am to let me know that this was a day to remember. Until 9 years ago she did that every year just to let me know she loved me. God does the same thing for each of us, only He does it every day. In all that we have been given to enjoy, and all the many blessing we receive, He is there to remind us of how very much we are loved.
I was moved to tears, abandoned to laughter, and held close in the arms of my family this night. Each one of them is an unanticipated blessing in an old preacher's life experience. Thank you to my friends. Thank you to my God. You are, each in your own special way, awesome!!! Goodnight and God bless. I pray your life is surrounded every day with the love that we have only to open our spirits up to receive. In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: