Sunday, January 07, 2018

this is the beginning of a new year and I am not ready for it - How does one get ready for a new year? Well every day is a new start in life if we so choose. Put one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on. I'm sitting at my desk being totally upset with me for not reading all of my current E-mails. Silly for sure! but this was important stuff and I've been wallowing in grief of many kinds. That is so not like me! I don't wallow. I do the services, comfort the hurting, move on with my life and keep on playing. I play music, I play at motorcycles, I play at ministry.....but it isn't all fun and games. The freedom that cycles provides me during good weather is like therapy for the head that makes as much sense as playing the music that moves my soul. Likewise is the ministry of one on one shared experience of my Creator in the midst of life. (laughing now) I missed a sale on bike parts......one thing you can be certain of in this world is that there will always be another sale! - This year is like the last, there are things that I want that I don't have and may never get, but that's alright because I have more than I will ever need. My life has been truly blessed and I have no clue why other than I have continued to do the best I can every day to be a better person than I was yesterday. Maybe that's a key to living. Anyway this was a night of confrontation with my demons and my angels. I have a studio to set back in order so that music can take the place of two wheels. I know that makes no sense to some, but for me it is one of the ways I deal with the restrictions of winter on the "Great American Desert" where it's too cold to ride. My spirit longs to be on stage with some of the folks that I played with years ago, but they are all dead now, as are the ones I rode with. Maybe getting older sux, but I don't think so. It is a blessing denied many and shared by few. Lost in it now I go where I've been and pray that I go again. Getting through loss is not easy and this one has been tougher than most. In fact it has been the worst. I write this for me because I don't keep journals anymore. Like many things it passed away. Only the ride, music, love for my Creator continues on the journey we call life. That's it for now, 3M's, Music, Ministry, and Motorcycles - not always in that order - God Bless, In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: