Monday, June 27, 2005

Preacher Going On About Politics!

Today The Supreme Court once again voted against God as an active participant in our way of life. It seems the "Ten Commandments" are too "religious" in the state of Kentucky. Have our nation's leaders failed their mission of interpreting the constitution? Looking to the east from SD I don't see any states on the map that have a problem with the 10 big ones for over a thousand miles. Due south 1200 miles is Dallas, Texas, and I never found many people there that didn't understand the connection between the fight for freedom and how God honors those that are on His side(I'm thinking, I was there for at least 6 or 7 years and then back quite often, strike that, I can't think of a single human being straight south of me that would have voted for this sort of stuff). Now, let's head west from here a thousand miles. Nope, I can't say that I've ever run into anyone that thinks this way out there either. So, where are these strange thoughts coming from? Sure, we have some liberal folks in our country, and that's okay, my heaven might have gotten way too crowded if they hadn't chosen the other team. There have to be some that don't agree with me, surely. I think one of my representatives from SD has a hard time with maintaining a Bible based faith perspective, but I'm certain somebody will tell him about what's going on in Washington sooner or later. We'll just pray for Mr. Johnson along with all the people that supported him and hope that he gets wind of this before it spreads back to his home state. That's the thing, the legal types that make these decisions don't have to live with them on a day to day basis, unless you consider the money they're paid and every single dollar says, "In God We Trust." I don't believe a preacher should get involved in politics, so I guess I'd just have to say if they don't want anything to do with the God who built the country let's give those "In God We Trust" dollars to somone who will truly appreciate them. Now somebody for sure is going to take this the wrong way, but it's as simple as I stated it, and it is exactly what I meant! So, if you see something in here, tell your neighbors and tell your friends and your family, let's all get to work on this and see if there aren't a few changes we can make that will help the USA get it's governing heads on straight again. After all, if we don't do it, who do you think is going to keep winning these "battles" in our country? In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: