Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A New Year Begins

 
I've been experiencing a form of writer's block. Not only have I found it difficult to get into the blog mode, but even writing to friends has slowed to a mere trickle since the start of the new year. Our snow and ice situation worsened this evening when my wife did a quick slide on to her backside during the latest round of "strange" weather. Our temperatures were hovering at the 26 degree mark and a light mist was coming down. Not ususally a problem, just strange that it wasn't snow, the weird part is how it freezes on pavement and leaves everything looking good, but slick as snot on a doorknob! Another very strange thing has happened with our weather, there has been no wind to speak of out here for a week. It's different, and unlike most of the years on the Great American Desert in the winter we aren't having mini-blizzards to make us totally miserable. The most interesting thing, though, is the people. Smiles seem to be far removed from day to day life and nobody is telling jokes like they usually do. It's becoming a strange winter. A little sunshine goes a long ways when things have been really gray for awhile. My prayers have been including a "ps" at the end of each with regard to my personal lack of brightness. All in all, though, life is far better than I deserve it being. I give thanks for that, and for my multitude of blessings shared each day with anyone who is willing to hear. God bless, Preacher. Posted by Picasa

No comments: