Sunday, September 16, 2007

What Have I Been Doing?

I suppose one might say I took a break after the winter 's thaw to stop and smell the flowers along life's paths. The truth is I have not got a clue as to what I have really done other than the time spent on stage, street, and studio. The life that I had begun to think was settling in quite nicely has taken another strange turn. I'm moving, again!
I do give thanks to God each day that my roots did not protrude too far beneath the surface of this piece of ground. I also give thanks that not everything got unpacked(more than 7 years here and I never really believed I'd be staying)'cause now I can look forward to moving "stuff" and unpacking it(maybe)in the new place. It seems that my wife, Cheryl, and I landed in one of those zones on this planet that is a very desirable location. What we have is wonderful, and we are whole heartedly planning on recreating this private piece of paradise in the new location(yes, that has already been decided). It may be as much as a year before we move in, but I can envision it now as I would like it to be. Isn't that the human way? We think first of how we'd like things to be and then struggle with getting out of the way so that God can work His wonders on our lives and put the "me" and "us" in the background. Perhaps it's like a picture that several folks can take at the very same time, but we are all getting a different angle on the subject. I for one would prefer it if things always came out my way. That is truly selfish and probably as human as one can get. After all, didn't I once say that this earthly existence is only temporary and heaven is my true home? Yes, I have said that in about as many different ways as one person can expound. Now, if I could just live that way everyday and let God do the big portions of planning.
Enough already!!! The past months have seen thousands of miles roll away behind the Harley, and more music & laughter shared than I could have imagined. The photos have continued to pile up in the 'puter along with the smiles of folks from the length and breadth of America as we
shared our lives and our experience of faith our here on the Great American Desert. The nights are getting quite chilly again, and Cheryl worries about what we are going to do with the ducks in the backyard(I never thought for a moment that we were not going to eat them), and that brings with it another cause for concern. Not the ducks, I know what to do with them, they roast up real nice. This year we have had more flowers than ever and now it is time to begin wintering the ones we wish to keep. Decisions, decisions!!!
I'll try to keep up with this blog thing better in the future along with posting pics of our piece of paradise that will fade away rapidly under the churning wheels of progress. In Christ's Love, Preacher.

No comments: