Monday, February 13, 2006

From The Heart

 
Tomorrow is the celebration of St. Valentine's Day! I've read several origins of the holiday. I'm sure you have, also. I think what always impresses me most is the lengths to which the advertising world goes to get the utmost out of a sales "opportunity" in relation to the buying public in our country. There are always new gimicks appearing out in retail land. I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to this special day of celebration. Then there is the side of me that insists we are to be actively loving our brothers and sisters everyday of the year. Tonight I send out a "Special Delivery" to the Body of Christ. When the apostle Paul wrote that "faith, hope, and love abide," and that "the greatest of these is love," he was exactly right! Real love, true love, is the most powerful motivator on the planet. If we could harness it and put it to work for good only, we could effectively solve the world's greatest problems. I pray you have someone very special to express your love toward tomorrow. Give thanks for that love, and as you thank God for that say a prayer for those who have not love in their hearts. One of the Native American artworks that adorn my office walls says it like this, "If there is anything better than loving, it is to be loved!" I like that! God loves us so much at such a personal level that we should not need to be reminded to love Him back, but that's what I'm doing! For each of us to share a moment of silent prayer with our God and say, "I Love You, Lord." In Christ's Love, Preacher. Posted by Picasa

No comments: